CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 3, 2012

Life is a Mystery


I was reading Holly’s blog over at Crisscross Applesauce and she was blogging about ideas for a letter detective download from a product swap. 

 

It reminded me of when I taught 5th grade and mysteries were one of the genres that we had to read and write.  I was inspired by Beth Newingham to create detective case files for each of my children.  I would have them dress up like a detective and I took their pictures.  This particular year I had two aspiring photographers who took my picture.

This same year I taught 2, week long detective themed sessions of summer school (4th-8th grade).  I dressed up in this garb and it hooked them.  We had a blast reading, writing, and solving mysteries.
It’s amazing how easy it is to get kids enthusiastic about learning!
DSCF4017

Off to a baseball tournament and a chicken dinner in Frankenmuth, MI this weekend.

Nan

0 comments: